There is alot more than ABBA on this soundtrack but for an ABBAnatic the real find is Bridal Dancing Queen, an instrumental version of the classic dance track. It is performed by The Wedding Band featuring Blazey Best and sums up the film beautifully with hope and strings.Fernando, which actually plays a big part, musically, in the film is not included on the soundtrack.
- 1. Bridal Dancing Queen (edited version)
- The Wedding Band featuring Blazey Best
- 2. Sugar Baby Love
- This 1974 song by The Rubettes is bouncy and breezy; just the flavor you would expect from an album that contains ABBA songs. It is the first sound you hear upon the movie's opening.
- 3. We've Only Just Begun
- Don't you just love Karen Carpenter's voice! If I have time after Bette Midler and Heart, The Carpenters will be my next page. (I don't remember hearing this in the film though.)
- 4. Lonely Hearts
- The Wedding Band
- 5. The Tide Is High
- A classic Blondie hit but I remember Little Girl Lies best. Muriel's nemesis, Tania, and her co-horts perform the lip-sync version of this song in the film.
- 6. Waterloo
- ABBA - What can I say that hasn't already been said?
- 7. I Go To Rio
- This version is performed by Peter Allen (who also co-wrote the song with Adrienne Anderson.) but some might remember the hit version by Pablo Cruise.
- 8. Bean Bag
- The Wedding Band featuring John Barrett is the music behind Muriel's first attempt at a sexual encounter.
- 9. T-Shirt & Jeans
- 10. I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself
- Dusty Springfield's hit version of the Burt Bacharach/Hal David song is still toasty. (I don't remember hearing this in the film either.)
- 11. Bridal Dancing Queen (full version)
- The Wedding band featuring Blazey Best - This is the one!
- 12. I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do
- ABBA - You'll love this song's placement in the film.
- 13. Happy Together
- This 60s tune from The Turtles is another song that was not in the film.
- 14. Muriel's Wedding
- The Wedding Band
- 15. Dancing Queen
- ABBA - This is Muriel's favorite song. "My life is as good as an ABBA song; my life is as good as Dancing Queen."
Back to Muriel's Wedding
Back to ABBAnatic: The Home Page
ABBAnatic: The Alternative ABBA Web Page
Maintained and copyrighted by Michael T.