LITTLE WHITE SECRETS
There are actually two versions of this cd: the original of which 300 discs were initially pressed and the second generation bootleg. The original has much better sound quality and has recently become available again. The cd has a number of rare cuts and the original was well worth the money I spent for it. The white cover scanned above is from the original issue; the color picture is from the re-bootleg which was also worth the money I spent for it until I bought the original. Go know.
Standout tracks - I Am An A, Get On The Carousel, Under Attack, Just Like That
- 1. Ring Ring (3:04)
- This is the US remix; no longer commercially available. Originally this track was released on the American issue of the WATERLOO album only.
- 2. S.O.S. (3:11)
- This live cut is from a tv appearance on Seaside Specialin the United Kingdom.
- 3. Sang Till Goral (3:39)
- Recorded in 1979, this song was written for Polar VP Gorel Hanser in celebration of her thirtieth birthday. It's a catchy little birthday present! Hey gang, February 1 is coming up; what about Sang Til Michael?
- 4. Dancing Queen/Fernando (2:59)
- This medley is from a live appearance on Olivia Newton-John's television special in the United States. If I can recall correctly, Newton-John and Andy Gibb are singing back-up.
- 5. Medley: Pick A Bale Of Cotton/On Top Of Old Smokey/Midnight Special (4:19)
- This recording was originally recorded for, and released on, the German charity album, STARS IM ZEICHEN EINES GUTEN STERNS. It was then released commercially as the B-side of Summer Night City.
- 6. ABBA at Melbourne Town Hall (2:54)
- This is a live interview from the civic reception showered upon ABBA's arrival in Australia. The date was Saturday, March 5, 1977. The place: Melbourne Town hall. The calamity and screaming in the background speak for themselves. Be there or be square.
- 7. I Am An A (5:05)
- Never officially recorded, this autobiographical song is a whimsical and wistful look at themselves by themselves. This recording is from a performance in Perth, Australia during the 1977 World Tour.
- 8. Just Like That (4:46)
- This is the saxophone version of this unreleased track. Can't get enough of this song which is not the same version as that on CELEBRATION and RARITIES AND DEMOS.
- 9. Dum Dum Diddle (3:00)
- 10. Why Did It Have To Be Me (3:28)
- These two songs were recorded live for the Swedish documentary, ABBA-DABBA-DOO.
- 11. Hovas Vitne (2:55)
- This song was written and recorded in 1981 as a special gift for Stig Anderson on his fiftieth birthday. Only 200 copies were pressed. It is also on THE ARCHIVES.
- 12. I'm A Marionette (2:55)
- 13. Get On The Carousel (2:38)
- Recorded in Australia, these live cuts, the latter unreleased, will be familiar to those who have seen ABBA - THE MOVIE.
- 14. Under Attack (3:22)
- This single version was never actually released but used as playback for ABBA's tv performances. It has a cold ending as opposed to the commercial version which fades out.
- 15. Take A Chance On Me (2:07)
- This edited version was recorded during a live appearance on Olivia Newton-John's television special in the United States.
- 16. On and On and On (4:09)
- This extended version, recorded from the rare video clip, includes a third verse ultimately cut from the album version of the song.
- 17. Ring Ring (2:38)
- This is a very rare live recording of one of ABBA's earliest hits. It was performed on The Tommy Cooper Show in 1974.
- 18. National (:59)
- This commercial jingle, sung to the tune of Fernando, was recorded for an Australian electrical appliance company called National in 1976.
- 19. Dancing Queen (4:09)
- This live version was recorded in Australia 1977 during the World Tour.
- 20. (What A) Wonderful World (4:35)
- Recorded on August 14, 1992, this cut marked Frida's return to the stage. The duet was performed, with Roxette's Marie Fredricksson sharing lead vocals, during a benefit for environmental conservation.
Back to The Official ABBA Bootleg Page
Back to ABBAnatic: The Home Page
ABBAnatic: The Alternative ABBA Web Page
Maintained and copyrighted by Michael T.