This cd is subtitled Solo Rarities & Guest Apperances and it lives up to the moniker. From the remixes to a healthy sampling of songs by Michael Tretow, ABBA's long-time engineer, this cd is one of my personal favorites. The sound quality runs from very good to tolerable (the Tretow songs). Most of it was recorded directly from vinyl. DREAM ON TOO is also available.
Standout tracks - Bravo To As Gagne, I Won't Let You Go (extended remix), Gilda Radner
- 1. SOS (3:17)
- This, Agnetha's Swedish solo version, is commercially available on other compilations, specifically På Svenska.
- 2. Yo no fui quien dijo adios (4:06)
- This is the Spanish version of Agnetha's single I Wasn't The One Who Said Goodbye.
- 3. I Won't Let You Go (5:54)
- An excellent remix of one of my favorite Agnetha songs. The original is on the album EYES OF A WOMAN.
- 4. Let It Shine (3:44)
- This mix, subtitled The Bright Remix, is just that, a brighter, more dance-oriented mix of the cut from Agnetha's final album I STAND ALONE.
- 5. The Last Time (6:50)
- This extended remix is also off Agnetha's album I STAND ALONE.
- 6. Shine (6:23)
- This extended remix is taken from the title tune of Frida's 1984 album SHINE.
- 7. Fernando (4:09)
- This, Frida's Swedish solo version, is commercially available on other compilations, specifically På Svenska.
- 8. Chiquitita (5:19)
- Recorded live at the United Nations, this cut was released only on the UNICEF concert album THE GIFT OF SONG; now out-of-print. The best part is hearing Gilda Radner introduce the group in her best put-upon Swedish accent.
- 9. Bravo to as Gagne (4:37)
- A beautiful French version of The Winner Takes It All by the esteemed Mireille Mathieu; she of the black helmet. Her voice is similar to Agnetha's and with Benny, Bjorn and Frida backing her up one could almost swear...but Mireille does it equally as well. A real find on this cd!
- 10. Paper Dolls (3:23)
- 11. Bottom Coming Up (2:47)
- 12. Moonbeams (2:49)
- 13. I Can See What You Mean (3:25)
- 14. Sandwich (2:57)
- The five songs above feature Michael Tretow, ABBA's long-time engineer, on lead vocals. Benny and Bjorn play piano and guitar, respectively and Agnetha and Frida sing back-up. Curiosities at first, I enjoy listening to them, especially Moonbeams; a song that only lists Agnetha on piano and Frida with backing vocals.
Back to The Official ABBA Bootleg Page
Back to ABBAnatic: The Home Page
ABBAnatic: The Alternative ABBA Web Page
Maintained and copyrighted by Michael T.