This selection of remixes, unreleased tracks and live cuts is very exciting. Much of the sound quality is good but be aware that, as with a great deal of bootlegs, the remixes are recorded from the original vinyl. (For me, those pops and cracks bring back lots of memories!) All of the tracks on this cd are available on other bootlegs.
Standout tracks - The Visitors (Remixed), Megamix, I've Been Waiting For You, Just Like That
- 1. Lay All Your Love On Me (Remixed) (7:52)
- This remix is actually just an extended version of the album cut; complete with the applause at the end. Not too exciting.
- 2. Just Like That (5:00)
- This full-length recording is the first and best version of this unreleased track from 1982. This is not the saxophone version found on LITTLE WHITE SECRETS.
- 3/4. Under My Sun
- Another unreleased song here in two versions: the first, shorter (1:34) version comes with studio chatter and laughter while the second is complete. (3:08) The lead vocals are by Frida. A very infectious song...
- 5. Does Your Mother Know (4:04)
- This live cut is from the 1979 ABBA in Switzerland tv special.
- 6. Rock and Roll Band (3:07)
- This version was released only in Japan by Björn and Benny. The instrumental opening is different (It reminds me of Squeeze Box by The Who.) and there are added lyric lines before the chorus. I like this version better.
- 7. Love Has It's Way (2.38)
- This single from the pre-ABBA era was released in Japan only. Interestingly, the lyrics were written by Björn and Benny; the music was not. A very 60s feel brightens up this record, reminiscent in a subtle fashion, to Waterloo.
- 8. Every Good Man (2:05)
- This track was recorded in 1982 with lead vocals by Agnetha. Never released, it ultimately became Heaven Help My Heart in CHESS. The sound quality is not great.
- 9. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) (Remixed) (5:39)
- This is a remix of the classic dance cut. Nothing too exciting as this was never one of my favorites.
- 10. The Visitors (Remixed) (7:48)
- This is a remix also, not merely an extended version. It is great to have this.
- 11. Voulez-Vous (6:05)
- This is just an extended version of the album cut. Who really needs the extra drum beats?
- 12. I've Been Waiting For You (2:08)
- This live version was recorded in Australia in 1977. As it was lifted directly from ABBA-THE MOVIE, only the last part of the song is on this cd but Agnetha is in prime form.
- 13. MegaMix (19:42)
- This definitive remix includes Dancing Queen, Take A Chance On Me, Super Trouper, Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight), Money Money Money, SOS, The Winner Takes It All, Voulez-Vous, Summer Night City, The Visitors, Lay All Your Love On Me, Angeleyes, Mamma Mia, Ring Ring, Honey Honey, Waterloo and Thank You For The Music. Although the first mix from Dancing Queen to Take On Chance On Me is very clunky, the rest of this mix shines. I love it!
Back to The Official ABBA Bootleg Page
Back to ABBAnatic: The Home Page
ABBAnatic: The Alternative ABBA Web Page
Maintained and copyrighted by Michael T.