ABBAMANIA THE MIX
Thanks to Tamara Bakker's sending me the track listing, I didn't have to buy this cd. It contains the same songs as SPOTLIGHT ON ABBA minus one.
Standout tracks - Lay All Your Love On Me (Liebrand Remix), ABBAcababra Mix, Dancing Queen (remix)
- 1. ABBA Mania Odd Mix (23:33)
- This long mix of ABBA songs is interesting for it's use of lesser-known songs and ballads (?) as well as the usual hits. The songs used, in order of appearance, are Chiquitita, Tropical Loveland, Eagle, One Of Us, Hasta Manana, Lovers (Live A Little Longer), Take A Chance On Me/Dancing Queen, Knowing Me Knowing You, If It Wasn't For The Nights, I Have A Dream/Take A Chance On Me, The Day before You Came, Money Money Money, Super Trouper/Gimme Gimme Gimme, Head Over Heels, SOS, Voulez Vous, Summer Night City, On And On And On, The Winner Takes It All, Lay All Your Love On Me, Angeleyes, As Good As New, Mamma Mia, Ring Ring, Honey Honey, Waterloo and So Long. Yes, I Have A Dream is backed with a dance beat. Look...it's something new.
- 2. ABBA Minimix (11:14)
- This shorter dance mix uses the typical songs: Dancing Queen, Knowing me Knowing You, Take A Chance On Me, Gimme Gimme Gimme/Super Trouper (a great 5-second medley of these two songs), Money Money Money, SOS, Voulez Vous, Lay All Your Love On Me, Does Your Mother Know, Mamma Mia/Waterloo (another great 5-second mix of the 'mia' and the 'my my') and finally, Thank You For The Music.
- 3. ABBAcadabra Mix (4:10)
- I actually have this mix on vinyl and, once again, used to play it when I worked as a disc jockey. I've always liked the 90s dance beat and, if I am not mistaken, there is a sample of Janet Jackson. This is by far the mix that takes the most liberties with ABBA's music. It includes a sloooww, almost maudlin Super Trouper, Take A Chance On Me and Dancing Queen.
- 4. Dancing Queen (remix) (5:25)
- This version of the ABBA classic succeeds as a great remix with a decidedly Alphaville/late 80s feel and, as an ode to the original track. Original and very satisfying for this ABBA purist.
- 5. Lay All Your Love On Me (Liebrand Remix) (6:10)
- This remix, by speeding up the original and cleverly using a sample from Yello's I Love You, succeeds innnteeennsseelly. It feels almost techno! I love this.
- 6. Voulez Vous (6:03)
- This is the same extended version that is available on RARITIES AND DEMOS and CELEBRATION. Nothing special.
- 7. Chiquitita (5:17)
- Taken from the promotional 12-inch record, this cut is no different from that on the album.
- 8. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) (Remixed) (5:39)
- This pedestrian remix is also available on CELEBRATION.
Back to The Official ABBA Bootleg Page
Back to ABBAnatic: The Home Page
ABBAnatic: The Alternative ABBA Web Page
Maintained and copyrighted by Michael T.